First3Years is a state-wide nonprofit organization whose mission is to educate, advocate, and collaborate to support the healthy development of infants and toddlers. First3Years is recognized around the state for its training programs around infant mental health and our ability to bring meaningful research around relationships brain development during the early years to those who need it most.
First3Years seeks an experienced 0-3 professionals who will work to train and assist birth and foster parents in connecting with each other and to community services and assist in navigating the child welfare system for our Safe Babies Program. The Safe Babies Coordinator facilitates coordination and collaboration among community stakeholders, serves as a bridge builder across the many disciplines involved with infants and toddlers in foster care, and conducts follow-up activities related to team goals.
Job Duties and Requirements:
Case Coordination (50%)
- Provide training of national coparenting model to birth parents and placements (foster, kinship, relative)
- Attend and support during 5 coparenting parent/child visits
- Follow up and provide positive feedback to families weekly
- Provide additional referrals for family stabilization services for the birth parents
- Provide support to caregivers (including birth parents, foster, kinship and relative families) during time of placement and any transitions thereafter (i.e. referrals for child, crisis diffusion, empathizing)
- Facilitate and participate in team meetings to identify systems and family barriers to permanency; Collaborate and troubleshoot with parties and non-parties to cases including but not limited to caseworkers, attorneys, CAI, service providers, etc. to address case specific barriers that may arise
- Provide support and connection between the family and court personnel (including judges and attorneys), caseworkers, foster care agency staff (including foster families)
- Attend court proceedings to provide support to birth parents
- Maintain a professional relationship with families
Systemic Collaboration (40%)
- Troubleshoot cases and leverage new resources with our stakeholder group to increase coordination and collaboration among participating agencies.
- Participates in monthly stakeholder meetings
- Assesses and coordinates the community’s needs for training/technical assistance
- Provide training of national coparenting model to professionals in the child welfare system
- Provide trainings as necessary (i.e. early childhood development, child-centered transitions, coparenting, Safe Babies Overviews)
- Responsible for Safe Babies and First3Years internal/external communication and distributes program materials
Program Support (10%)
- Maintain accurate and up to date records/data for evaluation
- Stays current with national and state best practices around infants and toddlers in child welfare
- Attends and represents First3Years in statewide and local meetings, events, and conferences as needed or as required to carry out the mission of First3Years and goals of SBHC
- Prepares and contributes to reports as requested/required for the Safe Babies Director, Safe Babies Harris County Manager weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned by the CEO and/or Safe Babies Director
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Social Work, or related field. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Case Management experience required 1 year minimum.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Respect for people of all cultures, religions, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of child development (0-36 months), infant mental health, child protective services, child welfare, and early intervention systems.
- Experience and/or knowledge of issues related to child abuse and neglect.
- Experience and/or knowledge of juvenile and family court proceedings.
- Experience with systems change and community collaboration.
- Ability to travel & work effectively across agencies and disciplines.
- Ability to work collaboratively multidisciplinary group.
- Ability to mediate differences of opinion objectively.
- Creativity in solving problems and planning activities.
- Connection to the mission of First3Years
- Ability and willingness to extend beyond job description.
- Personal Transportation abilities required (car).
- IMH Endorsed Preferred
Please apply by July 8th:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Two professional references