First3Years is a state-wide non-profit organization whose mission is to educate, advocate, and collaborate to support the healthy development of infants, toddlers and their families. First3Years is recognized around the state for its training programs around infant mental health and our ability to bring meaningful research around relationships brain development during the early years to those who need it most.
First3Years seeks a motivated and organized individual to serve as the Data and Intake Specialist. This position will receive, analyze, and log each referral made to Harris County. They will maintain accurate and up to date records/data for evaluation, grant applications and reports.
Job Duties and Requirements:
Data Coordination (45%)
- Maintain accurate and up to date records/data for evaluation, grant applications, and reports
- Update and maintain case information through case management system
- In partnership with Harris County Manager, assign and transfer cases to coordinators
- In partnership with Safe Babies Director, transfer data from hard copy to a digital database
- Prepares and contributes to reports for the Safe Babies Director, Safe Babies Harris County Manager weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly as required/requested
Intake and Outreach (45%)
- Receive, analyze, and log each referral made to Safe Babies - Harris County
- Attend and support initial staffing with coordinators and/or manager
- Maintain a professional relationship with families
- Participates in monthly stakeholder meetings
- Works with Safe Babies Harris County Manager to increase referrals to program
Program Support (10%)
- Stays current with national and state best practices
- Responsible for Safe Babies and First3Years internal/external communication and distributes program materials
- Attends and represents First3Years in statewide and local meetings, events, and conferences as needed or as required to carry out the mission of First3Years and goals of Safe Babies Harris County
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned by the Safe Babies Director and or Safe Babies Harris County Manager
Job Requirements/Skills & Knowledge:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Management, or other related field
- Prior work experience in data visualization and data management
- Project Management or Data Management experience required 1 year minimum.
- Organizational skills
- Some combination of advances use of Excel and Data Visualization platforms (Tableau, Google Data, etc)
- Ability to create and organize new databases
- Bilingual preferred.
- Respect for people of all cultures, religions, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of child development (0-36 months), infant mental health, child protective services, foster care, and early intervention systems.
- Experience and/or knowledge of issues related to child abuse and neglect.
- Experience and/or knowledge of juvenile and family court proceedings.
- Experience with systems change and community collaboration.
- Ability to travel & work effectively across agencies and disciplines.
- Ability to work collaboratively multidisciplinary group.
- Ability to mediate differences of opinion objectively.
- Creativity in solving problems and planning activities.
- Connection to the mission of First3Years
- Ability and willingness to extend beyond job description.
- Personal Transportation abilities required (car).
- IMH Endorsed Preferred
Please apply by July 26th, 2022
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Two professional references